My last run before the Cleveland Half on Sunday. And today's conditions look identical to race conditions: 4 C (39 F), cloudy, and a bit of a wind.
Physically, I feel great going into this race. A little tightness in some areas, but no pain and no injuries. I am confident of a PR on Sunday.
My strategy will be to join the 3:05 marathon pace group and stick with them. This should solve my problem of going out too fast and fading later on. I'll have to run the last 3.5 miles without them, where the marathon route turns away, but at that point it will be okay anyway (I won't be tempted to go too fast at that point!).
So, I travel today as far as Southern Ontario and then to Cleveland on Saturday. I'm turning this into a holiday --- making my way eventually to Chicago --- so I won't be home until Saturday, the 24th of May. I won't have ready access to a computer, so unfortunately my race report will have to wait until then.
Oh, my bib number is 6597.